Try our Habit Reversal Training in Coogee
Habit Reversal Training (HRT) is a specialized collection of cognitive behavior therapy methods frequently used for assistance in changing undesired habits. It is used in the CBT treatment of Skin Picking Disorder and Hair Pulling Disorder specifically, but can be used to assist people eradicate or lessen other “body-focused repetitive behaviors” such as mouth or cheek biting, nail biting etc. HRT first assists to raise the level of awareness of the habit behavior of the person, and then teaches the person how to apply different kinds of mediums to interrupt and then replace the undesired habit. HRT is one of the few psychotherapeutic approaches to the BFRBs to be research validated.
After this assessment, the therapist will assist your kid to develop an enhanced awareness for why, where, when and how the hair pulling happens. Our therapist will then assist your kid to control or change the hair pulling behavior. The therapist will work collaboratively with you and your kid throughout the entire therapy process.
How can therapy assist?
Therapy can help your kid in various ways, including:
- Handling co-occurring conditions like depression and anxiety
- Enhancing self-esteem
- Helping your kid to know that they are not weird or crazy
- Making environmental adjustments to lessen behavioral habits
- Educating your family, kid, peers, and school about habit reversal training
- Teaching plans to lessen hair pulling behavior
Therapy can also help parents to:
- Know about the habit disorder
- Know beneficial and useless responses to habit disorders
- Offer helpful support
- Stay focused of building a relationship with your kid that is only focused on habit disorders
- Address fears and concerns about the long term impact of habit disorders on your kid
Habit Reversal Therapy
The aim of our habit reversal therapy is to enhance awareness of the triggers for and happening of undesired behaviors and to lessen the possibility of these behaviors happening by teaching optional behavioral responses that your kid can apply when they experience an urge to repeat a bad habit.
If you would like to know more information about our Habit Reversal Training in Coogee or would like to schedule an appointment, then please get in touch with us or email us. You will get much information about this service by speaking to any of our therapist or trainers.